As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Snowflake Glitter Ornaments – a simple DIY ornament craft perfect for your Christmas tree or to give as gifts. All you need is some fillable ornaments, glitter, glue, and a vinyl snowflake and you can have a set of ornaments in under 30 minutes!
DIY Snowflake Glitter Ornaments
Homemade ornaments are one of my favorite things to receive and to make for others and these DIY snowflake glitter ornaments couldn’t be prettier or easier to make! You can easily make a set of 6 or more in 30 minutes or less which makes these the perfect craft club craft or gift idea for teachers, family members, or friends. Using different colored glitter allows you to match any Christmas tree theme you choose.
Supplies needed to make your own set of DIY Snowflake Glitter Ornaments
You only need a few simple supplies to make these glitter ornaments and a little goes along way, so while you may need to spend a tad on the supplies initially they will make a bunch to give as gifts or to save to make more next year!
You will need the following supplies to get started: ( affiliate links below)
- Glitter-It! – I recently found this product and it works perfectly! A tiny amount goes along way! I used about an 1/8th of the bottle on 12 ornaments, so it will definitely last a long time!
- Fine glitter
- Clear Plastic Ornaments
- Coordinating ribbon
How to make DIY Snowflake Glitter Ornaments
- Cut out vinyl snowflakes using a Silhouette machine or Cricut. Either software has snowflakes you can find or you can purchase an svg file from Etsy. Don’t have vinyl? Look for stickers at your local craft store that could work!
- Add a small amount of Glitter-It! to your ornament and gently swirl around to make sure you cover the whole thing. Pour excess back in to the bottle or remaining ornaments.
- Carefully pour glitter in to the ornament and gently shake to distribute evenly. Add more glitter if needed. Pour excess glitter back into glitter container or remaining ornaments.
- Add vinyl snowflake and coordinating ribbon.
For more holiday craft ideas try these:
Amazing! The shape is not too difficult to make, but when you put them together it’s incredibly beautiful!!!