As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bunny Cookies: a delicious and simple chocolate covered Oreo treat for Easter or a spring time party!
Oreo Bunny Cookies
I’m a sucker for getting into the theme of all holidays….oh you know, all things “hearts” for Valentines Day and all things “pumpkin” for Thanksgiving. This time of the year it’s all things little chicks and bunnies for Easter and spring time. I found these adorable bunny cookies from Created by Diane and created my own version- a version even my kids can do! I love how each season and each holiday have their own special meaning and traditions that come with them. These bunny cookies are just a fun way to welcome spring and would make a fun little treat for some Easter baskets.
Kid Friendly Oreo Bunny
If you have seen or made any of my kids treats before you know I love to use a chocolate covered cookie as a base for many of my treats.
- White Chocolate Candy melts, I use 1 bag
- Oreo Cookies – depends on how many cookies you want to make
- Mini Marshmallows
- Wilton Pink Sparkle Gel
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
Note: the sparkle gel doesn’t harden so if you plan on stacking the cookies you will need to make the ears and eyes with colored melted chocolate candy melts that will harden just like the base.
How to Make Oreo Bunny Cookies
- Melt your white chocolate candy melts in a microwavable safe dish at 30 second increments or a candy melting pot.
- Dip cookies in melted chocolate making sure to shake off any excess chocolate.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper or Silpat and place in refrigerator until harden, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Draw on the bunny’s ears with the pink sparkle gel and create two eyes with the black sparkle gel. Lastly, place a small dot at the top center of the cookie and place a marshmallow on top for the tail.
These are seriously the cutest Easter cookies ever! My kids will have a ton of fun making them.
Adorable! Easter is my favorite time of year! Great recipe, we did a test run before Easter and they were a hit, thank you!
Carrie Robinson says
Oh my gosh! These are absolutely adorable. 🙂
Laura Reese says
These are the cutest cookies I have ever seen! So easy to make too! Thanks for the great idea.
Carrie Robinson says
These are so super cute! I think my daughter and I will definitely need to make these for Easter this year. 🙂
Sarah @ Foxy's Domestic Side says
OH my goodness, these are just too adorable! I think I might have to make these for my son’s preschool. 🙂 Love watching videos too.
Thanks so much Sarah! I bet your son and classmates would love them! 🙂