Sunflower Bon Bons: a delicious chocolatey treat served in a pretty sunflower shaped cupcake liner. Perfect for fall parties, bridal showers, and more!
Sunflower Bon Bons
I love what summer brings, the days off from school, mornings to sleep in, and endless activities/fun with the kids, but my favorite time of the year besides Christmas Day is the Fall. I love the crisp air, the colorful trees, apple cider, and all the aromas that fill households. Sunflowers bloom in the middle of the summer and last until the beginning of Fall making them the perfect transition flower between the seasons and the inspiration behind these Sunflower Bon Bons.
You start with delicious chocolate covered bon bons and place them in a pretty sunflower shape cut from yellow cupcake liners. It’s a simple idea but makes a big statement for fall parties, birthday parties, bridal showers and more!
Ingredients for Sunflower Bon Bons:
- One package Oreo Cookies (20 ounce)
- Cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
- Chocolate candy melts
- Chocolate jimmy sprinkles
- Yellow cupcake liners
How to make Bon Bons:
- Place Oreos in a food processor and process until fine crumbs appear.
- Add cream cheese and mix until blended. You want to make sure no large white streaks remain.
- Roll into 1 1/4” balls and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Melt a package of chocolate candy melts according to the package and dip oreo bons bons in
melted chocolate and completely cover them.
- Sprinkle a few brown jimmies sprinkles on the top while the chocolate is warm.
- Place back in the refrigerator for five minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
While the bon bons are cooling, fold cupcake liners in half and cut out petal shapes. Flip the cupcake liners inside out and place bon bons in the middle. If serving these for a party you can make your bon bons ahead of time and your sunflower holders. If you are in warmer weather wait to place your bon bons in your sunflower shapes until right before serving to prevent any chocolate melting.