As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Snowman Hot Chocolate Spoons are a fun and simple winter treat the kids can enjoy making and eating during the cold winter months.
Snowman Hot Chocolate Spoons
Growing up, my siblings and I would love to play outside in the snow. If it wasn’t extremely cold we would be outside for hours whether that was building a snowman, sledding down a big hill we had behind our house or just getting in a snow ball fight. Now that I am a mom myself I completely understand the reason my mom, after spending 30 minutes getting our hats, gloves, and boots on, would tell us that we needed to be outside for longer than 15 minutes! 🙂 After we were done playing we would end our outside activities with a snack that always included hot chocolate. These snowman hot chocolate spoons are such a fun winter treat you can make with your kids and they really bring back my childhood winter fun.
What do I need to make these Snowman Hot Chocolate Spoons?
The supply list for these snowman hot chocolate spoons is super short making this an inexpensive winter treat. They only take a few minutes to make and are great to use right away or wrap them and place them in the refrigerator for later use. They even make great gifts for friends, neighbors and family members.
- Plastic Spoons
- Candy Melts, white & orange
- Chocolate Chips, or you can use chocolate candy melts
- Treat size bags
How to make Hot Chocolate Snowman Spoons:
- Melt candy melts and chocolate chips according to package directions.
- Keep your white candy melts in a small microwavable dish and place your chocolate and orange melted candy melts in a small sandwich bags with the corner of the bag clipped. You only want to clip off a tiny piece.
- Dip your plastic spoons in the melted white chocolate. Place in refrigerator until hardened, roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully add eyes, mouth and nose with your remaining melted candy melts.
- Refrigerate until sold. Serve with a cup of hot chocolate.
** For another variation: dip your plastic spoons in melted milk chocolate and top with festive sprinkles. Allow to harden and serve with a cup of hot chocolate.
Can I use these spoons with just a mug of hot water?
We prefer to use these spoons as an extra “splash” of chocolate to an already made cup of hot chocolate. It’s fun to watch the snowman melt in the hot cocoa for the kids. You can certainly add these spoons to just a mug of hot water but you may need two spoons or more to get that desired chocolate taste.
Can these hot chocolate snowman spoons be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! I love how this is an inexpensive treat that can be made and stored for later! They are great individually wrapped and to give away as a yummy winter treat. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks for a yummy and fun addition to your warm cup of hot cocoa or even coffee.
For more Winter Crafts try these: