As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Flower Pot Cupcakes: an edible flower pot cupcake that is simple to make and fun for the kids!
As you know, I love crafting with food! I have a whole Kid’s Treat book about it! 🙂 Whether it’s with my oreo frogs, oreo crabs or rainbow trix treats. Flowers are one of my favorites parts of the spring and summer seasons and these flower pot cupcakes are so fun and so simple. They are the perfect bite size sweet treat and everything is cuter when it’s mini right?
Fun with Food
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these cupcake treats. When creating treats with kids we love to keep things as simple as possible so you can start with store bought cupcakes or cupcakes that you made from a box mix. Things can tend to get a little messier when creating with kids so the less stress you can start out with the better. 🙂 Keeps you and the kids happy!
All you need to make these cupcakes are:
- Your favorite cupcake batter recipe
- Your favorite icing recipe, I liked to keep my icing white but you can certainly color it how you like it.
- Wilton 6-Inch Cookie Sticks Mega Pack, 60-Count (affiliate link)
- Peach Rings
- Green jellied candy ( citrus jellied candy, dots, sour patch kids)
- Green Sprinkles
How to make Flower Pot Cupcakes
- Prepare your cupcakes according to your recipe.
- Insert your stick into the peach rings.
- Ice your cupcakes and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Cut your green candy pieces into leaf shapes.
- Insert your sticks into your cupcakes. Place your leaf pieces on either side of your stick.