As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Easy Fluffy Pancakes are delicious and a family favorite from scratch pancake recipe. With a splash of vanilla, and sweetness of cinnamon they help start your morning off right! Add some fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup for a delicious breakfast recipe.
Easy Fluffy Pancakes
I’m no judge against using box mixes to help you prepare breakfast for your family, but if time allows, these easy fluffy pancakes from scratch are so delicious and the way to go! I would prefer to make my own batter of pancakes because I can control what ingredients and how much goes into my recipe. These fluffy pancakes were a recipe based down from my Grandma and I added a little extra to sweeten them right up.
What Can I Put On My Pancakes?
While I love “specialty” pancakes like our easy banana pancakes, lemon ricotta pancakes, or our pumpkin cinnamon swirl pancakes these pancakes are delicious hot off the griddle with nothing fancy added to them.
If you want to add some toppings these are some of our favorites:
- peanut butter
How to Make Homemade Fluffy Pancakes
It’s so easy to make fluffy pancakes at home! With one simple “trick” you can have fresh, hot pancakes on your table in about 20 minutes!
- Mix together pancake batter. I like to mix together my flour and wet ingredients first to be sure the flour gets incorporated and there are no humps.
- PRO TIP: for this recipe the secret to fluffy pancakes is to let your batter sit for 5-10 minutes on the counter. This gives the baking soda some time to activate.
- We love adding fresh berries to our pancakes. You can serve berries on the side with your pancakes or we like to add them to the batter. We prefer to add our berries to the pancakes as they are just about ready to be flipped to cook on the opposite side. This was you can ensure each pancake is filling with berries or chocolate chip bites!
Delicious and Fluffy
These pancakes are delicious with or without the berries but I do feel the added touch of cinnamon, and splash of vanilla extract are what take these pancakes over the top. Of course, if you don’t like to use spices such as cinnamon feel free to omit them for the recipe! Your pancakes will still taste ever bit delicious.
Easy Fluffy Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon optional
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP oil
- 2 TBSP baking powder yes you read that right 🙂
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Mix together flour and milk until no lumps appear. Add eggs, vanilla, and oil and mix again.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and sugar and mix until smooth. Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour onto a hot greased griddle and let cook until small bubbles begin to form, usually 2-3 minutes. Once bubbles begin to form, flip pancakes and cook for an additional minute.