Oreo Frogs

Oreo frogs are the perfect kids treat and only require a few ingredients!

picture updated on 5/30

I LOVE playing in the kitchen with my son and these oreo frogs were so much fun to make  He is at that perfect age where he really enjoys to mix stuff around. This project had a few steps he couldn’t quite master, but he enjoyed handing me the pretzels to be dipped in the chocolate and the eyes to make them silly.  He giggles every time he sees his little frogs sitting on the counter! :)  it makes my heart happy! Want to make your own?

Ingredients:
Package of Green Candy Melts
Oreo Cookies
Pretzels
Red Candy for your tongue
Green Sprinkles
 (starbursts would work but I ended up using red cut up sugar covered gum drops)

Melt your chocolate following the directions of the bag.  Cover your pretzels and oreos in the chocolate.  Place pretzels together( bottoms side by side) Place oreo cookie on top of pretzels.  Place you tongue, eyes and sprinkles on the cookie!

Oreo Frog

IMG_0039

Happy Crafting!!

Comments

1. says

o my goodness these are adorable! I want to try this! I am stopping by from make bake create blog hop today! I look froward to a visit soon at homemaker-mom.com. Happy creating!

2. says

These cookies are the cutest!
    Just pinned it to my Food Art board and am sharing it on Facebook, too.
    Thanks for sharing it, Katie, on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop (on Tuesday, LOL)
    Please stop by again next week!
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

3. says

If you enjoy visiting linkies, photo challenges, and blog hops – or if you host one of your own – please consider visiting here:
    Be sure to link your recurring hop under the day when it’s normally posted.
    And while you’re at it, stop by my weekly hop, Wordless Wednesday on Tuesday, to share your photos, and feel free to share my button… you’ll find the code on my sidebar.
    Thanks!

4. says

Oh my gosh! I love this so much. This is just the cutest thing ever. I wish I could take treats into my daughter’s class, but no non-packaged food :( However, these will make a great snack for playdates or sleepovers! Thank you! Totally pinned it!

If you have time you should totally link up at The Blog Strut! We would love to have you!

Amber

5. says

I love all things frogs, especially when functional or food that looks like a frog. Thank you for posting and sharing. I’m sharing on Pinterest and Facebook

6. says

Hi, these are just so cute! I saw them shared on Facebook and had to Google them to find out where they originated from. I feel it is only right to share from the original blog. I have to share these with my My Father’s World: Kindergarten Facebook page. Frogs is one of the units coming up for us and this will be great for Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen.
    If you have a chance, I invite you to stop by and share on my weekly recipe linky.

kewkew recently posted…5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials: Day 4- SupportMy Profile

7. Auntiepatch says

My SIL is a Frog Freak and she would go crazy for these! Her birthday is next month and I’m going to make her some of these instead of a cake! Thanks!

• angie says

Auntie patch just another idea for you if your going to make these for your SIL’s b-day y not make a cake that looks like a pond and place the frog cookies on top?

8. Debbie says

Wow, these are so cute. We do an edible book fest every year for the library I work at so this year I’m doing FRog & Toad are Friends!! I’ll do half green and half light brown with mini choc chips for the toads warts. Thank you so much for the idea!

9. kris says

my sister made these this week…they came out so cute and everybody thought so too! Some people plan to put in their kids (especially their boys) Easter baskets.

10. says

of course like your web site but you need to take a look at
    the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with
    spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to inform the reality
    nevertheless I’ll certainly come back again.
    domain recently posted…domainMy Profile

11. Jennifer says

These are adorable and I am a bit obsessive about frogs so I had to try them! The plan is to make them for my daughter’s first birthday next week but my trial run didn’t go as well as I’d hoped. I had trouble getting the top of the Oreo to look smooth. Also, did you use double stuff because I also had a hard time getting the tongue to stick in. and I love the color of yours. I’m going to have to find the Wilton’s green wafers!

• says

Hi Jennifer! That sounds so fun! I bet she will love the little frogs! Once you dipped the Oreo’s into the chocolate did you pick it up with fork and tap it slightly on the side of the bowl that should help smooth out the chocolate a bit. I did use double stuff oreo’s which should help having more space for the tongue….don’t be afraid to push it in slightly :) I hope they turn out great!
      Katie recently posted…Dunkin Donuts Perks: For the Coffee Lovers!My Profile

Trackbacks

1. […]   Do you need a quick and easy snack that any picky toddler will love?!  How about these cinnamon sugar tortilla chips!  I shared this recipe over at Sugar Bee Crafts about 2 months ago and thought I would share it here as well!   These “chips” are easy and delicious!  My son had a blast picking out the cookie cutters and cooking his shapes!  This is also a good way to have your kids learn and practice their shapes.     First, decide what type of cookie cutters you want to use.  Cut your shapes out of your tortillas. ( Pop the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds if you find that it’s hard to cut your shapes out)      Spread some melted butter on top and sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture.     Bake at 350 degrees for about 7-10 minutes depending on how “crunchy” you want them to be!  This is such a yummy and quick snack! Perfect for after school treats!   For more kid inspired foods check out these posts: Oreo Frogs […]