- 1 lb cubed venison or 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 yellow pepper , diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 carrots , sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
In a frying pan, brown venison with a tablespoon of olive oil.
In a separate frying pan, saute onion, pepper and garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil. Once onions have become transparent, add spices and continue to cook for one minute.
Transfer your browned meat, vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients, except for the beans, to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Add beans and continue to cook for 2 hours on low.