- 1 lb cubed venison or 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 yellow pepper , diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 carrots , sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- In a frying pan, brown venison with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a separate frying pan, saute onion, pepper and garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil. Once onions have become transparent, add spices and continue to cook for one minute.
- Transfer your browned meat, vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients, except for the beans, to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add beans and continue to cook for 2 hours on low.