Peach Pretzel Jello Salad is a delicious jello salad filled with sugar cinnamon pretzels, a sweet cream cheese filling and topped with jello and juicy peaches. It’s the perfect sweet treat.
PEACH PRETZEL JELLO SALAD
This peach pretzel jello dish is a DELICIOUS remake from our favorite strawberry raspberry pretzel jello salad. Honestly, my family now can’t decide which version they like better. The 9 x 13 inch pan was gone in less than an hour. 🙂 It’s a yummy jello salad dish that is perfect for potlucks, parties, or just when you want a sweet treat that is bursting with sweet peaches.
Juicy Sweet Peaches
Just like our strawberry version this jello salad has three layers. Each layer only take a few minutes of prep time before you pop it in the refrigerator for a couple hours. This peach jello salad has a few key ingredients to really make it shine!
- Fresh Peaches -ripe juicy peaches really are the star of the show in this dish. While you can certainly use frozen peaches, that have then been thawed, I find they aren’t near as sweet as fresh. However if you are in a pinch you can certainly use frozen.
- Hint of Cinnamon– adding a touch of cinnamon to the pretzel layer gives this dish a “baked peach” flavor.
- Brown Sugar– we decided to use brown sugar in the pretzel crust to add another depth of flavor with the touch of cinnamon. You can of course use white sugar instead.
- Peach Gelatin– while I think peach gelatin tastes the best with this recipe you could possibly sub with an orange jello or even strawberry for a berry peach flavor.
TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE PEACH PRETZEL JELLO SALAD
- Once you bake the pretzel crust make sure you allow it to cool completely before moving to the next step.
- The cream cheese mixture will be thick. Be sure to create a thick layer around the whole pretzels, spreading the cream cheese mixture to the edge of the pan to create a seal so the jello doesn’t seep into the pretzel layer.
- Pour your jello on top of the cream cheese mixture and then carefully add your peaches so you don’t disturb the cream cheese layer.
For more delicious jello salad recipes you should try these:
Peach Pretzel Jello Salad
- 6 ounces peach jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 cups mini twist pretzels, before crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 TBSP butter melted
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounce Cool Whip thawed
- 2 1/2 cups fresh peaches, sliced thinly (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Combine peach Jello with 2 cups boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Crush pretzels either in a ziploc bag, or pulse them a few times in a food processor until they are in tiny pieces ( not crumbs). Add melted butter, cinnamon and sugar and stir till fully combined. Transfer pretzel mixture a 13 x 9 in glass casserole dish, pressing the pretzel mixture evenly over the bottom of the dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool completely
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and white. Fold in Cool Whip until fully incorporated. Spread mixture over pretzels and go all the way to the edges of the dish to create a seal. This will help prevent the jello mixture leaking into the pretzels.
- Pour your cooled jello mixture on top of cream cheese layer. Carefully place your sliced peaches on top. Refrigerate until jello is set ( roughly 2 - 4 hours)