INSTANT POT PEACH APPLESAUCE is a delicious homemade applesauce recipe with an added punch of fresh peaches! Throw all your ingredients in an instant pot for a simple and delicious applesauce recipe your whole family with love!
After discovering our love for our homemade instant pot strawberry applesauce we decided it was time to try another flavor of applesauce-Peach! Peaches are around pretty much all year but during the summer months is when they are at their peak and this applesauce recipe is the perfect summer friendly recipe that also has hints of fall flavor in every spoonful.
Simple Ingredients. One Pot.
This Peach Applesauce is not only so simple, with the use of our Instant Pot, it’s flavorful and is the perfect combination of apple and peaches. We have a few ingredients that really make this applesauce dish so flavorful:
- Apples – you can use whatever flavor apples your family loves, the sweeter the apple the sweeter your applesauce. We prefer to use a mixture of gala and pink lady.
- Cinnamon – while of course cinnamon is optional in this recipe it adds a depth of flavor that really binds the two fruits together, while also giving it a hint of fall.
- Apple Juice – when testing this recipe I tried both apple juice and water and both worked just fine! I prefer the added sweetness the apple juice gave personally
- Brown Sugar– while you can use granulated sugar, maple syrup or even honey to sweeten your applesauce we prefer brown sugar, it gives this recipe a deeper flavor.
How to make Instant Pot Peach Applesauce
- Core and peel apples and slice them. The slices don’t need to be perfect, they will cook down anyway.
- Peel and slice your peaches
- Add fruit to the inner bowl of your instant pot.
- Pour in water, sugar, cinnamon and mix. Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher or use an immersion blender until desired consistency is met.
Instant Pot Peach Applesauce
- 5 medium apples
- 3-4 small/medium peaches if your peaches are large you may use 2
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple juice, may also use water
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- Peel and core apples. Cut into slices and add to instant pot. The slices don’t have to be perfect since they just get cooked down anyway.
- Peel your peaches and again, slice and add to instant pot.
- Pour apple juice on top. Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top and give it all a quick stir.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes. Let instant pot natural release ( about 15-20 minutes) remove lid. Use a potato masher, immersion blender or transfer contents to a food processor and blend until desired consistency is met.
- Ripe Peaches will yield the most flavorful applesauce.
- We prefer to eat this after it has been in the refrigerator for a few hours and the flavors have a chance to blend together more.
- If your applesauce is too thick you can add a touch more apple juice or water when blending.
- If your applesauce is too thin you can set your instant pot to "saute" and allow it to "cook" off some of the liquid.