Cheeseburger Soup Recipe: a delicious cheesy soup loaded with ground beef, potatoes, and veggies. This soup makes a great meal when paired with a tossed salad and french bread.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 3/4 cup shredded matchstick carrots cut the extra long ones in half
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes golden or russets
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups velvetta cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups milk I like to use 2% or higher for a creamier soup
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Brown the ground beef in saucepan. Drain and set aside. In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, and celery. Saute until tender.
Add the broth, potatoes and beef to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
In a skillet melt remaining butter and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts.