Easy Creamy Seafood Pasta
Easy Creamy Seafood Pasta: this seafood dish is bursting with a creamy flavor of spices, shrimp, scallops and pasta. It's a delicious meal served with a tossed salad and bread.
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces linguini, uncooked can substitute for spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb uncooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb bay scallops
- 3 Tbsp chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped may add more to taste
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is translucent.
Stir in the shrimp, scallops and chicken broth. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Pour milk mixture into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, and sun dried tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
Lastly add baby spinach and mix until leaves wilt. Drain linguine; top with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.