This post was compensated as part of Tastefully Simple’s Project Simplicity program. All opinions expressed are 100% mine!
Imagine a warm cookie rolled up in cinnamon, ground cloves, vanilla bean and a few more ingredients—do I have your mouthwatering yet? These vanilla bean chai snickerdoodle cookies are seriously the best version of a snickerdoodle cookie I have ever had and blushingly I have tried my fair share 🙂 What’s the secret? It’s the Tastefully Simples Vanilla Bean Chai Drink Mix.
This stuff is amazing in a hot beverage form but put it into a cookie and you have yourself a delicious treat! One of my most favorite drinks is Vanilla Chai and this drink mix is definitely the best I have had. I thought it would be fun to spice up (pun totally intended hehe) a traditional cookie.
The aroma that these cookies bring to the kitchen is the perfect picture of fall! My kids could barely keep their fingers off of them. I paired the cookies with the Vanilla Chai mix in its original form and it was delicious!
Vanilla Bean Chai Snickerdoodle
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 TBSP. Vanilla Bean Chai Drink Mix
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 stick of unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp.pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, cinnamon, chai mix, ginger and allspice. Remove 1/4 cup of sugar mixture for rolling cookies.
- Cream together butter and remaining sugar mixture until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough into small balls (about 1 TBSP) and roll in reserved sugar/spice mixture. Place balls on baking sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees.
I’m excited to try out the drink mix in other recipes. I know it would taste delicious in waffles, pancakes, icings and more!
Make sure you check out the other delicious Tastefully Simple beverages.