Turkey Sausage Foil Packet Meal: a quick and delicious meal that is great on the grill or in the oven!
This post was brought to you by Shady Brook Farms. All opinions are mine.
The winter blizzard, Stella, has made its’ way through Northeastern Pennsylvania and we got about 25 inches of snow! And to think just a few weeks before we hit almost 70 degrees and had a few days of grilling outside. Theres nothing like buckets of snow that makes you more excited for the warm spring days ahead. 🙂 This turkey sausage foil packet meal is just perfect for the warm grilling season! It uses fresh veggies and only a few ingredients, but the blend of a few simple spices makes for a delicious meal.
I used Shady Brook Farms Sweet Italian Lean Turkey Sausage for this recipe. My husband loved the taste and flavor of this dish. Swapping turkey sausage for a regular italian pork sausage helped make this dish a bit healthier and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
This turkey sausage foil packet meal is great for camping, summer parties and for an every weeknight meal. You can customize the veggies based on your families favorites. For this particular foil packet the veggies I used were zucchini, summer squash, red pepper and lastly we threw in some baby potatoes.
Toss the veggies, potatoes and turkey sausage in a mixture of olive oil and spices until fully covered.
You then simply wrap your meal in foil. Make sure you spray your foil with non-stick cooking spray before adding the veggie mixture. Place on the grill at a medium heat for roughly 15-20 minutes depending on your particular grill. You can also bake these in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Turkey Sausage Foil Packet Meal
- 4 cups of your favorite veggies , diced. We also added diced baby baby potatoes
- 1 pound Shady Brook Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP . dried oregano
- 1 TBSP . dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp . garlic powder
- 1 tsp . paprika
- 1 tsp . dried basil
- Salt & Pepper , to taste
- Slice your favorite veggies, equal to 4 cups and place in a large bowl.
- Cut your sausage links into bite sized pieces and add to the veggies.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, oregano, parsley flakes, garlic power, paprika and basil.
- Drizzle over veggie and sausage mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spray two pieces of tin foil per pocket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of sausage and veggie mixture on one of the tin foil pieces. Place the remaining tin foil piece on top and seal all four sides. Repeat until finished.