I can’t believe that today is our last day of the “Christmas Cookie Exchange!” Weren’t all the cookie recipes incredible?! Well, today’s cookie is going to be equally delicious! Nothing can beat the original Girl Scout Cookie ( in my opinion) but these are the perfect runner up! I originally found this cookie recipe over HERE. It has a few steps, but is well worth the time! I hope you enjoy!
Thin Mint Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Bag of candy melts
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. With the mixer on low speed, add in the milk and the extracts. .
- Add in the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Shape dough into two logs, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1-2 hours, until dough is very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice dough into rounds not more than 1/4 inch thick – if they are too thick, they will not be as crisp – and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until cookies are firm at the edges. Cool cookies completely on a wire rack before dipping in chocolate.
- Once cookies are cool, melt your bag of candy melts and pipe icing on top of cookies.