As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Snowy Pinecone Ornaments: simple kid-friendly pine cone decorations adorned with colorful pom poms, snow spray, and sprinkled with glitter.
Snowy Pinecone Ornaments
These colorful snowy pinecone ornaments match perfectly with our advent calendar printables and make the tree both pretty and kid-approved 🙂 We have a bunch of pinecones in our back yard so the kids grabbed their favorite ones and we got crafting.
Crafty Pinecone Research
The best pinecones to use for this craft are:
- pinecones that have scales that are mostly open which will allow for the pom poms, snow spray, and glitter to be more visible.
- small to medium size pinecones – we liked to use pinecones that were about 3 – 5 inches tall.
- If you choose to hunt for your own pinecones make sure they are dry before adding the snow spray.
Where can I buy Pinecones?
If you don’t live in an area where there are natural pinecones available, you can purchase some from:
We prefer to buy non-scented pinecones.
Supplies Needed to Make Ornaments:
- mini pom poms
- spray snow
- string or jute
Kid Friendly Homemade Ornaments
We love to make our own homemade ornaments and these pinecone crafts are just another fun collection of some of our favorites:
How to make Kid Friendly Pinecone Ornaments
- Apply a small dab of craft glue or hot glue (with adult supervision) to some of the “petals” of the pinecones.
- Carefully add mini colorful pom poms on the glue and let dry.
- If desired, lightly spray with some snow spray, and while still tacky sprinkle with glitter.
- Add baker’s twine to the top of the pinecones for easy hanging.