Smore’s Parfait: a delicious and tasty dessert even the kids will enjoy! All the yummy flavors of the classic smore’s in one little dessert.
One of my favorite summer treats is the classic Smore’s. My kids would eat smore’s every night if they could but sometimes it’s just a little too hot to get a fire started. These smore’s parfaits are delicious and perfect for little fingers. They are great for picnics with large groups of loved ones and is a great addition to Tastefully Simple’s Labor Day Entertaining Ideas. This parfait is all about the delicious layers that combine to make that classic smores taste.
I was inspired by Tastefully Simple’s Gotta Have Smore’s Cake and decided to make it into single serving desserts instead. I used the Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix and instead of using oil I substituted some unsweetened applesauce. You could also use greek yogurt as well. I like this option as it makes the cake lower in calories and moist.
- Tastefully Simple Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ¾ unsweetned applesauce or greek yogurt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding & pie filling mix
- ¾ cup crushed honey graham crackers + additional for garnish
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow crème
- Prepare Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix according to package directions using water and butter or unsweetened applesauce. Bake in a loaf pan until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into small cubes
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and chocolate pudding pie filling mix
- Place small chocolate pound cake cubes in the bottom of a plastic cup or parfait dish. Spread with a small amount of chocolate pudding, top with small amount of marshmallow creme and honey graham crackers. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Makes 12 servings.
Now my kids can enjoy smore’s whether it’s hot or it’s cold. You can make these ahead of time for a party and make serving dessert a breeze!