Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pot Roast: a delicious pot roast meal with teriyaki flavor. Serve with gravy and white rice for a delicious meal.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pot Roast
Slow Cooker meals are one of my favorite meals to put together. Nothing is better than a home cooked meal that cooks all day in the slow cooker. Not only does it make the pork roast nice and tender but it makes your house smell amazing! Having a hot cooked meal after a long day is also nice. 🙂
This slow cooker teriyaki pot roast recipe is delicious and perfectly paired with a side salad and white rice. It’s cooked in a delicious mixture of apple juice, soy sauce, and brown sugar. It’s then cooked down to make a simple and flavorful gravy to pour on top.
How to make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pot Roast
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- boneless pork roast, trimmed
- brown sugar
- apple juice, or pineapple juice
- soy sauce, low sodium
- salt & pepper
- Cut roast in half, if needed; rub with brown sugar. Place in a slow cooker.
- Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6- 6 ½ hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, strain juices and return to saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Cover and cook on low for about 15 minutes or until thick, stirring with a whisk.
- Slice roast and serve with white rice and gravy.
How to Freeze Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pot Roast
You could also prepare this recipe for a freezer friendly meal and prepare it when your ready to serve. Keep all the ingredients in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months. When ready to make it, place it in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours to thaw before placing in slow cooker.
For more delicious and quick dinner meals try these: