Hi there! I’m Kelly from Smart School House and it is so exciting to be kicking off this cookie exchange!
My favorite cookies during the holiday season are these Red Velvet cookies. They are SO pretty and taste divine. Do you want to know my little secret? They’re made from a box! You see, I take a box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cupcake Mix (which also comes with the cream cheese frosting), but I change the recipe on the box a little bit. With just a few tweaks to a cupcake or cake recipe, you can make beautiful cookies like these! How fun, right? Here is the actual recipe I use with the ingredients straight from the box:
Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet cupcake or cake mix
- 1/2 cup 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Add all of the cake ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Place small spoonfuls of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. (Makes about 2 dozen)
- Prepare the cream cheese frosting according to the directions on the box
- Place the frosting on the cookies once they are completely cooled.