Pom Poms made out of yarn is a trend that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. They are simple and adorable! I thought it would be fun to make some pom moms that were valentines day friendly. These Pom Pom Love Monsters are just great for the kids! Your kiddos will love them! Pair them with a candy bar and you have a perfect valentine treat.
I went with hot pink/magenta and light pink colors to go along with all the Valentine day decor and projects floating around but you can obviously make these ANY color –perfect for boy or girl. My little guy just loves these! I share these last year on Sugar Bee Crafts and I thought it would be fun to “bring them back” this year. I will have to make these little guys again for both of my boys. I remember how much my oldest son Jacob carried his “friends” around everywhere 🙂
Small piece of scrapbook paper
Hot glue gun
1. Wrap your yarn around your first three fingers and hold the end in place with your thumb.
2. Continue to wrap yarn around your finger(30-40 times). Make sure you don’t wrap too tightly!
3. Slowly take the yarn off of your fingers. Cut another 12 inch piece of yarn and slide it through the hole.
4. Tie your 12 inch piece of yarn in a knot to secure all the”wrapped” yarn.
5. Cut the top of all the loops so you are left with a shaggy ball of yarn.
6. Cut and trim to desired size and shape. Normally you would trim until it forms a perfect round shape, but I wanted the pieces to be a little uneven for a more monster look.
Next, all you need to do is cut out a small heart and hot glue your pom pom to it for the “feet” and hot glue your googly eyes! Be prepared to have these little monsters going everywhere your littles go 🙂
I originally shared this tutorial on Sugar Bee Crafts.
For more Valentines Day ideas check out these posts!
Katie is a Christian, wife and mother to two little boys and one little girl.She is a mommy blogger who loves crafting, diy projects for the home, cooking, and baking for her family.She enjoys making her house a home and encouraging other Momma's in the crazy and blessed life of motherhood!