As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peppermint Puppy Chow – a delicious snack made with white chocolate and candy canes. Perfect to serve at your holiday parties or give away as holiday gifts!
PEPPERMINT PUPPY CHOW
I love the holidays and all the fun and delicious treats it brings! One of my most favorite Christmas flavors is peppermint! I love the cool refreshing taste it leaves and it pairs perfectly with white chocolate. This recipe is so delicious and comes together super quickly! My husband enjoys the classic puppy chow but this is always my first choice.
This recipe is just about as simple as you can get when it comes to Christmas confections. It makes a large batch which is perfect for holiday parties, cookie exchanges, or to package up and gives as holiday treats.
Supplies Needed for Peppermint Puppy Chow
- Rice Chex Cereal
- White Almond Bark
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Powdered Sugar
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT PUPPY CHOW
- Begin by adding your Chex mix cereal to a large mixing bowl. Melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal and mix until fully covered. Fold in crushed candy canes.
3. Pour Chex mix mixture into a large ziploc bag (two if needed). Add powdered sugar to bag. Seal bag and shake until cereal is covered.
4. Pour bag contents on a large baking sheet. Store at room temperature.
For more Christmas Treats try these:
- Christmas Puppy Chow
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Coconut Cherry Snowball Cookies
Peppermint Puppy Chow
- 5 cups Rice Chex mix
- 1 package 10 ounces white almond bark
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- Pour your 5 cups of chex mix in a large bowl.
- Melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted or by following the directions on the package.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal and mix until all is covered.
- Fold in the crushed candy canes.
- In a large ziploc bag or container, add the powdered sugar and chocolate covered cereal.
- Seal the ziploc bag or container and shake until cereal is covered with powdered sugar. Throw away excess powder. Store at room temperature.