One of my favorite things to do is to create with food. I have had lots of fun playing with Oreo’s in particular. I was at my Mom’s house this past Sunday and I had told her I wanted my next Oreo creation to be a bumblebee so we actually tagged team together to make these little guys–complete with a stinger on the back.
These bumblebees would be perfect for any summer get together, kids party, baby shower and more. Once we got our “design” down they actually came together pretty quickly! Do you want to make some adorable bees?
Candy eyes ( found at any craft store)
1. Melt your yellow melts according to package. Place melted chocolate in a sandwich bag and pipe ( on a piece of wax paper) the shapes of antennas and stingers. Place in refrigerator and allow to set.
2. Melt your chocolate melts according to package. Dip cookie in chocolate and shake off excess. Place in refrigerator until chocolate is hardened–this only takes a few minutes. Pipe yellow stripes on top and once again place in refrigerator until chocolate is hard. Cut two small wings out of your marshmallow.
3. Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the bottom edge of your marshmallow.
4. Place marshmallow piece on top of cookie. I used an un-melted melt as a way to keep the marshmallow propped up while the chocolate was cooling in the fridge/freezer.
5. Add remaining marshmallow and using your melted chocolate as glue, glue your antennas on.
6. Glue, using your melted chocolate, your eyes to your bee and add a fun smiley face!