As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mini Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts: a delicious and fun treat the kids will love to make and eat! You only need a Funfetti cake mix, sprinkles, and some icing to make this colorful treat.
Mini Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts
These mini funfetti cake mix donuts are not only super simple to make they are so fun too! They are great for any season but scream spring and summer! They are a little colorful treat to have for kids parties, summer gatherings, and just when you want a little sweet bite to enjoy. These little cake mix donuts are a fun twist of our funfetti cake mix cookies and our favorite mini lemon donuts which are also perfect for the summer time.
Ingredients needed for Mini Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts:
- Funfetti cake mix
- vanilla icing, we use store bought
How do you make Mini Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts?
There are only a few simple steps to make these cake mix donuts and you only need a few ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
- Mix together cake mix, oil, water, and eggs until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a cake decorating bag with a cake decorating tip. You can also use a large gallon size bag with the corner slightly cut.
- Squeeze the batter into the baking pan filling each donut hole ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges barely start to brown. I would start to check around 10 minutes as every oven is slightly different.
- Heat icing in microwave until melted and can be easily stirred with spoon. Color icing with your favorite food coloring icing if desired.
- Allow your donuts to cool slightly in the mini cupcake pan before removing carefully.
Tip: When adding your batter to a cake decorating bag I like to put the bag in a cup and fold the edge of the bag over the sides of the cup. Fill with batter. Pull bag out of cup for a mess free decorating bag.
Allow your donuts to cool slightly in the mini cupcake pan before removing carefully. While your donuts are cooling, microwave your vanilla icing until it can be easily stirred. Divide and add your favorite food coloring if desired. Carefully dip the tops of the cake mix donuts into the warmed icing. Add rainbow sprinkles to warm iced donuts and set aside until cool and icing set
Serve these little donuts with tall glasses of milk and a colorful straw for a special after school treat the kids will love!
Mini Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts
- 1 box Funfetti Cake mix, can sub for white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, divded
- 1 container vanilla icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, egg, water, sprinkles ( if adding more) and oil until well combined. Transfer mixture to a large resealable bag or cake decorating bag.
- Squeeze the batter into the baking pan filling each donut hole ⅔ full. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges barely start to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt vanilla icing in a microwavable safe bowl in about 10 second increments until icing is melted. Dip the tops of each donut into the melted icing and place on parchment paper or cooling rack. While the icing is still warm top with more rainbow sprinkles.