As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Aren’t these mini rose buttercream cookies so pretty?! They would be perfect for a ladies brunch, a girls party, a bridal shower and so much more! They are extremely simple to make and the icing can be colored to match any party theme. I used my favorite buttercream frosting and sugar cookie recipe but if you are short on time feel free to use a sugar cookie bagged mix. I used a #1M cake decorating tip. All you need to do is slowly pipe the icing around the cookie and slightly pull up at the end to create a rose affect.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups cold butter cubed
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon. sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons. vanilla extract
- 4 ¼ –-4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon. nutmeg
- ½ cup sour cream
- Cream together butter, sugar, and salt in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cornstarch, and nutmeg. Mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Use a rolling pin to roll all of the cookie dough out to a thickness of ¼ inch. You may also work with half of the dough at a time if needed. If your cookie dough is sticky you may lightly flour your surface. Cut cookie dough into desired shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Do not overbake. Remove from oven. If decorating right away, allow cookies to cool completely before icing. If storing, place them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for a few months.