Mason Jar Sweet Citrus Salad: a fun and inexpensive way to package a delicious salad for a girls night out!
Picnic season is just around the corner and this mason jar sweet citrus salad is just what you need to make your summer spread complete! Preparing a salad in a mason jar not only saves space in your picnic basket but it looks so pretty as well! These mason jar salads would be so fun to serve for a girls day or night in. It goes perfectly with the Tastefully Simple’s Girls Night In Collection. The key to a delicious mason jar salad is the layers of your ingredients. This ensures your spinach leaves or lettuce doesn’t get soggy and limp.
I created my own version of Tastefully Simple’s Sweet Quinoa and Fruit Salad. I left out the things we don’t like and added a few ingredients that we do like! Any type of salad will work in a mason jar.
You will need to pour 1-2 tablespoons (depending on how much you normally use) of dressing in the bottom of your mason jar. I used pint sized jars but you can use larger jars as well.
Your next layer should be any of your hard vegetables and toppings such as carrots, green peppers, walnuts, etc. Top with your softer veggies and fruits.
I like to add a layer of cheese above my berries and then finish off with a handful of greens. Be sure not to over pack your jar. You want to be able to put the lid on and “toss” the salad while it’s in the mason jar.
Add a little tag and some bakers twine for a fun pop of color and personalization.
Once you shake your salad you can either eat it straight out of the mason jar or place it in a small bowl or paper plate. Easy, delicious and healthy too!
Mason Jar Sweet Citrus Salad
- Pint Sized Mason Jar , can use larger size if desired
- 1-2 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Sweet Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup raw carrots , sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries & strawberries , sliced
- 4-5 mandarin orange wedges
- 1 Tbsp . mozzarella cheese , you can also use Feta Cheese
- 1 cup spinach leaves.
- Pour Vinaigrette into mason jar. Layer with carrots. Add your remaining ingredients in layers starting with your fruit and ending with your spinach. When ready to serve, shake mason jars and eat our of jar or pour into a bowl.