Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes: a simple springtime food craft the kids will love to make and eat! Chocolate cupcakes, mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips are the main ingredients for these Easter friendly sheep cupcakes.
Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
These marshmallow sheep cupcakes are a fun treat idea the kids can have a blast making and then eating! This treat craft idea originally appeared in my Kids’ Treats Book and I thought it was time I shared it here as well. Sheep cupcakes are a fun Easter friendly treat great for classroom parties and Easter Egg Hunts. It would also be perfect served alongside some Marbled Easter Bunny Cookies and Birds Nest Cookies for a festive kids dessert bar.
Supplies need for Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
You only need a few basic supplies to make these marshmallow sheep cupcakes. When baking treats with littles I always find going semi-homemade is best! We like to make our favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and then use store bought icing. It’s just one less thing I have to make and clean up and it’s always the perfect consistency for adding things to the cupcakes.
- chocolate cupcakes, store bought or homemade
- icing, I always use store bought when making kids treats.
- mini marshmallows
- Hershey chocolate Kisses
- mini chocolate chips
- candy eyes
- heart sprinkles, if desired
How to make Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
- Prepare chocolate cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
- Add a layer of icing on top of cooled cupcakes, this doesn’t have to perfect as you will be covering the icing.
- Unwrap Hershey kiss chocolates and melt one of them in the microwave. You will use the melted chocolate to “glue” on your candy eyes.
- Using the melted Hershey kiss chocolate and a tooth pick add small dabs of melted chocolate to the bottom of a Hershey kiss. Attach candy eyes.
- Using the melted kiss chocolate and toothpick, also add small dabs of melted chocolate to the top of edge of the Hershey kiss and attach two mini chocolate chips for ears.
- Add a small heart sprinkle if desired to make some girly sheep.
- Lastly, add your Hershey kiss face to the cupcake and fill remaining area with mini marshmallows. Enjoy!