This hedgehog card makes for an adorable and easy homemade Father’s day card! Grab the free template to make this project a breeze with the little ones.
HOMEMADE FATHER’S DAY CARD
This little hedgehog card is such a fun and simple craft for the kids to make for their Dad’s or Grandpas. Of course, these little hedgehogs would make a great gift for Mom or just to make because you love hedgehogs. These little creatures are so easy to put together and uses very minimal supplies which makes this a great last minute craft!
We are even supplying a FREE hedgehog template. All you need to do is cut out your template, trace around it on your paper and cut!
- Template, link above
- Brown paper, light and dark shade
- Googly eyes
- Mini black pom poms
- Permanent markers
- Glue stick
- Yarn/String or Thin Ribbon for bow, optional
Homemade Father’s Day Card Video
HOW TO MAKE HEDGEHOG CARD:
- Print off your FREE template.
- Fold your lighter colored brown piece of paper in half. Place your template piece with the fold line on the fold of the paper. Trace your template piece and cut around lines. The top part of the card will still be attached while the rest will open up.
- Cut out your back template piece out of your darker brown paper. Glue on top of main piece.
- Cut 2 inch strips of dark brown paper. Fold in half and glue to the back of your quills onto hedgehog with the quills pointing upwards.
- Add your googly eye, pom pom, and draw on a smile.
- If you want to add a little bow you can cut a piece of string, shape into a bow, and glue.
EXTRA SPECIAL NOTES:
To make this card extra special for Dad you can write all the things you love about Dad on the quills! We used a white colored pencil!
For more Fathers Day ideas you should check out these: