Delicious all natural homemade cheese crackers are perfect for adults and little fingers!
Salty or Sweet? I tend to be a salty girl…I would much rather sit down with a bowl of popcorn or something salty than a bowl full of ice-cream. These homemade cheese crackers are the perfect salty snack. These crackers go perfectly with a bowl of soup, sandwiches or just a tasty on the go treat.
These cheese crackers are loaded with flavor. They don’t get quite as crispy as a regular store bought cracker but I promise you won’t mind. I recommend eating them fresh out of the oven ( once they have a chance to cool) This batch of cheesy dough makes plenty. I like to divide the dough into two equal sections and bake one section and freeze the other for a later use.
Homemade Cheese Cracker
- 6 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cold butter cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
- Shred your Cheddar Cheese or use a bag of preshedded cheese
- Using a food processor, pulse the cheese, butter, flour, salt, pepper flakes and garlic into coarse crumbs
- Add your milk and worchestershire sauce and pulse until a ball forms, you may need to add more milk
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface so that it’s 1/8 inch thick, or the thickness you desire. The thinner the dough the crispier the crackers.
- Cut out the dough into 1 inch pieces and place the crackers on a well greased baking sheet or silpat.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the just start to get a golden brown. Store in an airtight container.