As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Googly-Eyed Sugar Cookies are simple and great for any spooky celebration.
Kids treats are one of my favorite things to make, obviously since I wrote a book full of 50 of them right?! 🙂 When making kids treats I like to keep it simple and fun and these cookies are definitely easy! The cookie is made using my Perfect Sugar Cookie for Cutouts Recipe and is finished off with a fun sugar cookie glaze. Head on over to the Sugar Cookie Recipe to make the cookies but you can find the glaze below. You can color the glaze in any color you want and to match any party or holiday you want.
Cookie Glaze Icing
- 1 pound powdered sugar 3 3⁄4 cups, plus 2–3 tablespoons as needed
- 1 ⁄4 cup corn syrup plus 2–3 tablespoons as needed
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ⁄4 cup water
- 2 –3 drops of AmeriColor icing gel or Wilton icing gel your desired colors
- Mix together all ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed until fully incorporated. Add more confectioners’ sugar or corn syrup one teaspoon at a time until proper consistency is met. Icing shouldn’t run once piped onto cookie.
- Once your icing is the correct consistency, lay a piece of cling wrap on the counter. Pour icing in the middle of the cling wrap.
- Wrap the icing in the cling wrap by folding the cling wrap on top of itself. Grab both ends of the cling wrap and swing it like a jump rope. This ensures that the ends of the cling wrap roll up nice and tight.
- Take one end of the tightly twisted ends and string it through the cake-decorating bag. I add a coupler first so I can change out the tips as needed but a coupler is not necessary if you are only using one tip. Using a pair of scissors, snip the twisted end and add your cake-decorating tip. You are now ready to decorate. If you will not be decorating right away, store your filled cake-decorating bags with the tips upright and covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator. I put my bags in a mug or cup so they don’t tip over. Use refrigerated glaze within 1 week.