This Farmhouse Wood Slice Centerpiece is an easy home decor project! You just need a simple wood slice, some craft paint, and vinyl to make a simple and rustic centerpiece.
Farmhouse Wood Slice Centerpiece
Home decor trends come and they go but the Farmhouse trend has been here for a few years now and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down either! This rustic wood slice centerpiece is a simple DIY home decor project that only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish! It has all the elements your looking for when looking for that classic farmhouse feel– bright white, black lettering, and an element of nature.
Home Sweet Home Sign
You only need a few simple supplies and you may already have these in your craft closet:
- Wood Slice, I bought mine from Hobby Lobby but you can find them at any craft stores. Don’t forget to use your 50% off coupon!
- Black Permanent Vinyl
- White & Black Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Wooden Knobs – I used 1 1/2 inch size knobs but the size will change depending on your wood slice.
- Mod Podge, optional
I used my Cricut Maker to cut our my “Home Sweet Home” Here is the cut file you can use to make your own and resize as needed! You can create your own farmhouse quote if desired.
HOME: I used the font Avenir Next Condensed, a preloaded font on my computer. This is the perfect type of farmhouse font because it’s thin in size and tall.
How to make a Wood Slice Centerpiece:
- Start by painting your wood slice white. I didn’t paint all the way to the edge. I like having some of the wood show around the edges.
- While your white paint is drying cut out your farmhouse quote with your black vinyl and cutting machine.
- Transfer cut quote to the center of the dry wood slice.
- Paint your wooden knobs black. I decided to use three knobs, but you can use more if desired. PRO TIP: Use a wooden kitchen skewer to help hold your knobs while you paint them and let them dry. YAY for mess free!
- Turn your wood slice over and glue your wood knobs to the bottom of your wood slice. I used hot glue but you can also use wood glue.
- If you plan to use your wood slice as a centerpiece on your coffee table where you may be using it as a cup holder add a layer of protection with your favorite sheen of Mod Podge.
WATCH THIS FUN VIDEO TO SEE JUST HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE YOUR OWN WOOD SLICE CENTERPIECE!