I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #DinnerDone #CollectiveBias
I love to cook and bake for my family, but during the hot summer days I want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. My motto is often ” easy cooking.” Bringing delicious recipes to your family’s table doesn’t have to require a bunch of time and effort. This recipe is so simple and has an incredible amount of flavor! The key ingredient to this dish is the tomatoes. I used Hunt’s Petite Diced Tomatoes that I found at my local Walmart. (Did you know that Hunt’s uses a unique flashsteam peeling method)
The tomato, basil and shrimp is cooked in one pot which makes for an easy clean up! This dinner came together in about 30 minutes which is perfect for the everyday busy summer schedule. I will definitely be putting this recipe into my dinner rotation. I made this dish with whole wheat pasta which makes it even lighter in calories.
Tomato, Basil and Shrimp Pasta
- 1/2 lb of spaghetti
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 TBSP dried basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10-12 frozen precooked shrimp you can use fresh too
- Prepare your pasta according to the package.
- In a medium saucepan lightly saute garlic in vegetable oil.
- Add crushed tomatoes and basil.
- Allow to cook down for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and shrimp and continue cooking on low until shrimp is heated through. (about 5 minutes)
I just love the fresh flavors of the tomato’s, basil and shrimp!
Make sure you also check out Hunt’s on their social media for more ideas, recipes and tips!