Easy Caramel Apple Slices- caramel covered apple slices on a stick and drizzled with your favorite toppings makes for a delicious treat adults and kids will love!
Easy Caramel Apple Slices
My husband is a big fan of candy and caramel apples. It’s his favorite “county fair” treat! Now you can enjoy a little taste of the fair at home with these delicious and easy caramel apple slices! These caramel apple slices are served on a stick which makes them a great treat for adults and kids alike.
The best part of these easy caramel apple slices is all the ways you can personalize them with your favorite toppings! Some of our favorite toppings included:
- Fall sprinkles
- Drizzle of melted white chocolate
- Drizzle of melted chocolate
- Chopped walnuts
These apple slices are a great party treat for all the holiday parties coming up! They only take a few steps to make and a few simple ingredients you can purchase at your local grocery store!
Supplies for Easy Caramel Apple Slices
- 1 package wrapped Caramels or Caramel Bits
- 5 apples, I have found that Granny Smith and Pink Lady work best, cut into thick slices, almost wedge like
- Your favorite toppings
The assembly for these caramel apples is super easy and only slightly time consuming! After a few practice rounds, I have a few tips to share that will make these tasty treats on a stick go much smoother! 🙂
How to make Caramel Apple Slices:
- Wash and dry apples thoroughly. Make sure to remove all wax from the skin.
- Slice apples into thick wedges and use a paper towel to pat dry.
- Insert skewer and pat dry again then place in freezer.
- While apples are in the freezer, melt caramel according to package instructions and allow to cool just slightly. Line a plate with wax paper.
- Remove apples from freezer and pat dry once again (it’s very important for them to be completely dry to prevent the caramel from sliding off). Dip apple wedge into caramel and gently twirl to remove excess caramel.
- Top with sprinkles while still warm. If drizzling chocolate, wait until caramel has cooled. (I placed mine in the freezer)
Have fun trying new combinations like caramel, chocolate and walnuts! Not a fan of nuts? Swap out the nuts for mini chocolate chips, mini m&m’s or your other favorite toppings.
For more apple slices desserts try these!