Easter Egg Candy Flowers: a pretty and yummy decor idea that is perfectly festive for your Easter dinner table.
Over the years our family get togethers have gotten larger and larger with the addition of grandkids and cousins, which makes the need for a kids table a must have. These Easter Egg Candy Flowers are the perfect addition to any kids table. Not only are these little Easter eggs colorful but they are filled with some delicious jelly bean candies. Filling the Easter eggs with candy is completely option, these glitter eggs are pretty all on their own, but sometimes it’s fun to add a little sugary surprise on these special holidays 🙂
You only need a few simple supplies for these Easter Egg Candy Flowers and most of them you can even find in your local dollar store.
- 1 package of plastic Easter eggs
- Jelly Beans
- Coordinating cardstock
- Green Pipe cleaners
- Hot glue gun (optional)
DIRECTIONS FOR EASTER EGG CANDY FLOWERS:
- Open an Easter egg and place the open side down on your paper. Use a marker to trace around the outer edge and add petals.
- Cut out flower and use as a stencil for the remaining flowers.
- Starting from the outside, push pipe cleaner through one of the holes at the bottom of the egg. Loop it through the second hole and pull through.
- Starting a the base of the egg, twist the pipe cleaner until you reach the bottom.
- Gently shimmy the flower over the bottom of the egg until tight. You may need to use hot glue to secure.
- Fill with jelly beans.
I chose to match the card stock to the glitter egg but you could also do some mixing and matching for an even more colorful flower. This is even a fun craft the kids can do, just make sure an adult handles the hot glue gun 🙂 Place your flower stems in a jar filled with colorful jelly beans and you have a pretty centerpiece that works all springtime long.
If you like this Easter craft idea you should check out our simple and colorful Glitter Bunny Crayons!