As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi everyone! I’m Heidi from Happiness is Homemade where I share crafts, recipes, DIY projects, holiday decor and creative inspiration for the entire family! Halloween is just around the corner, which usually means that you’ll soon find yourself buried under a mountain of leftover trick-or-treat candy and searching for ways to use it up. These yummy double chocolate cookie bars can be made with any kind of chocolate candies, but today I’m using Butterfingers because that’s what we had in our pantry.
These chocolate cookie bars are the perfect combination of gooey soft cookie and crisp crunchy candy pieces!
Double Chocolate Butterfinger Cookie Bars
- 2 sticks 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 3.4 oz package of Chocolate Fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 10 Fun Size Butterfinger bars chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, vanilla, and pudding mix, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl, and stir until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 of the chopped Butterfinger bits.
- Put the mixture into a 9x13 baking pan, and top with the remaining Butterfinger bits.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bars comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Thanks so much to Katie for having me here today! If you’re looking for even more fall inspiration, be sure to check out these seasonal favorites from Happiness is Homemade:
Pumpkin Spice Soap that you can make in less than 10 minutes!
Leave a Reply