As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Tic Tac Toe Game: a simple and fun no sew craft that the kids will love! It’s a fun twist on the classic tic tac toe game perfect for Valentine’s day! Felt, ribbon, and fleece hearts are all you need to complete this simple game!
DIY Tic Tac Toe Game
My kids love games, as most kids do, and we are always on the hunt for games we can play together. While we love board games, we also love a good floor game like checkers, Twister, and now this DIY Tic Tac Toe game. Growing up, my childhood friends, siblings and I would make up our own games quite often. Most of our games would consist of our stuffed animals and an around the world basketball game version with obstacles to conquer. This DIY Tic Tac Toe game is a fun twist on a classic that has been around for ages. This oversized version is a fun option for playing on the floor and you can also roll it up and take it with you!
The main pieces of this game are felt and fleece and their fibers naturally tend to stick together making it a soft and easily portable game. Not a fan of hearts? Cut out a large circle and mini circles and follow the directions below. There are many shapes and fleece colors that you can choose to help you create your own customizable DIY Tic Tac Toe game.
Supplies needed for DIY Tic Tac Toe Game:
- Pink or Red Felt, size depends on what finished size you want to make, our felt piece was roughly 16 inches x 16 inches.
- Coordinating Fleece
- Thin white ribbon
- Thick coordinating ribbon.
Steps to Make DIY No Sew Tic Tac Toe Game:
- Fold felt in half and use a marker to draw half a heart. Cut out.
- Cut 10” strips of white ribbon and glue on to the heart.
3. Cut 12” of thick ribbon. Fold the bottom point of the heart up and attach with the right side of the ribbon facing up.
4. While the ribbon is drying, use a marker to draw smaller hearts on the fleece. (mine were about 2-3 inches) Cut out.
Once your ribbon pieces are dry you are all set to play! Roll it up for easy storage and a fun on the go activity you can play while waiting at Doctor appointments, restaurants, and while making other errands.