Hi I’m Sarah and I blog over at Creative Ramblings; a little blog about my thrifty creative journey through life. I am so excited to be sharing a delicious Christmas cookie recipe here at Made to be a Momma. This cookie is one of my favorites, it combines cranberries, vanilla, and oatmeal. It’s originally from Taste of Home and has been a hit with my family. The best part; it makes a great gift in a jar. Mason jar gifts are one of my obsessions this holiday season. These ingredients layered together with a cute tag make a special gift for a teacher or co-worker and are inexpensive and easy to assemble.
This recipe includes instructions on how to layer the ingredients in a jar as well as make the cookies. If you can’t wait, feel free to skip the jar and whip up a batch for yourself.
Cranberry Vanilla Christmas Cookies
- • 1/3 cup sugar
- • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- • ½ teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/8 teaspoon salt
- • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- • 1 cup dried cranberries
- • 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- • ½ cup butter melted
- • 1 egg
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To package cookies
- In a 1-quart glass jar, layer the sugar and brown sugar, packing well between each layer.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; spoon into jar.
- Top with oats, cranberries, and chips.
- Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
To prepare cookies
- Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine.
- Beat in butter, egg, and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by the tablespoon 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Makes about 3 dozen