As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Cranberry Oranges Muffins are bursting with flavor! Orange zest and orange juice pairs perfectly with tart cranberries. A touch of sparkling sugar is added to the top for an extra sweet crunch.
CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS
These Cranberry Orange Muffins are bursting with so much flavor! The orange juice and orange zest pairs perfectly with the tartness from the cranberries. Topped with a touch of sparkling sugar they are a delicious muffin you can enjoy for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or with your dinner.
What You Will Need to Make This Cranberry Orange Muffin Recipe
Most of these ingredients are already in many kitchens. There are a few ingredients you need to make sure you have on hand such as:
- Granulated and brown sugars
- Vanilla extract
- Orange juice
- Orange zest
- Cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- Sparkling sugar
Do I have to use fresh cranberries?
You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries for this recipe, both taste great in the final product. If you are going to use frozen cranberries, do not thaw them first. They will be cold and can thicken the batter when you mix them in. However, in the end, they will work just fine.
A Few Tips for Making These Muffins
- You do not have to use muffin paper liners to make these muffins. Just make sure to grease the muffin tin well.
- If you choose to skip the muffin papers, you will notice the outside of the muffin is much browner than when you use muffin papers.
- When combining the wet and dry ingredients, don’t over stir. Only stir enough to combine the ingredients. It’s okay if the better seems a little lumpy.
- This recipe makes exactly 12 muffins be careful to divide the batter evenly between the muffin tin cups.
How to Make Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and both sugars together until they are fluffy. This will take about two minutes. Once the sugar and butter are fluffy, beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir just until mixed, then add the milk and mix until combined.
- Gently fold the cranberries into the mixture.
- Place the muffin dough into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the tops with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick into a muffin, and it comes out clean.
For more delicious muffins recipes try these:
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter ( one stick ), room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 orange zest
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- coarse sugar or sparkling sugar if possible
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and both sugars until fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla extract, orange juice and orange zest.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix a few times and add milk. Mix until combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Place in a greased 12 count muffin tin. Grease pan well.
- Sprinkle with sparkling sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Made these yesterday, great tasting muffin, even my husband loved them!