As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Citrus Wooden Coasters: a fun and easy DIY wooden coaster craft! The citrus designs are perfect for summertime.
Citrus Wooden Coasters
These easy wooden coasters are such a fun craft for the summertime! These citrus wooden coasters are a citrus spin off of our popular watermelon coasters. These are the perfect DIY to add to your summer table while you are entertaining your family and friends. Adding a layer of Mod Podge makes these waterproof and perfect to use for both hot and cold beverages.
Supplies for Citrus Wooden Coasters:
You only need a few simple supplies to create these wooden coasters. I purchased my wooden coasters from Amazon but you can typically find these in your local craft stores along with the rest of the supplies needed.
- Wooden Coasters
- Acrylic paint (shades of yellow, green, orange)
- White paint pen
- Mod Podge
- paint brushes
How to make Citrus Wooden Coasters
- Using a pencil, draw a circle about 1/4” from the outside of the coaster.
- Paint the outside edge with a darker color and the inside with a slightly lighter color to match the citrus coaster of your choice.
- Once the paint is dry, use a paint marker to outline the peel and wedges.
- Mix the darker and lighter color with a little bit of white paint and dry brush it in to the wedges to
- Allow to dry completely and then seal with a light layer of mod podge.
These coasters really are super simple to make and they make a great gift for your friends as favors or all wrapped together as a housewarming gift.
For more simple home decor craft ideas try these:
- watercolor home decor sign
- DIY Fabric Embellished Succulent Planters
- Faux Cement Color Block Bookends
Leave a Reply