As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Caramel Spooky Apples are a fun and delicious treat for the kids. Add “spooky” edible eyes for a Halloween friendly activity the kids can create and enjoy munching on!
“SPOOKY ” CARAMEL APPLE SLICES
My kids love apples and will eat them just about anyway they can. We love playing around with apple “cookies.” You may remember our apple slice cookies or our peanut butter apple nachos so we decided to make another spin on one of our favorite treats and make them into a “spooky” halloween version.
INGREDIENTS FOR APPLE COOKIES
The Ingredients needed to make these spooky caramel apples are simple and delicious! This recipe is best made fresh and when you plan to enjoy it immediately. This makes for a fun after school activity/snack for kids to sit and be creative, chat about their day and enjoy a little treat before dinner time.
- apples, sliced
- caramel sauce
- edible candy eyes
- mini Oreo cookies
- mini M&M’s
How to Make Spooky Caramel Apple Slices
- Slice your apple into slices. Cut out the middle with a mini cookie cutter.
- Place your apples on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Warm caramel sauce in microwave at 20 second increments until it’s a drizzle consistency. ( This step may not be needed)
- Drizzle caramel sauce in a back and forth motion on top of apple slices.
- Add “spooky eyes” to your apple slices. We did a mixed variety of just using candy eyes while others we used mini Oreo cookies with mini M&M’s placed on top! Either way works!
For more Halloween Snack ideas your should try these: