As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy Breakfast Quesadillas are such a delicious breakfast for any day of the week- filled with eggs, cheese and your favorite breakfast protein. Enjoy right away or freeze for later!
Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
This recipe is quick and easy! Whipping up some eggs, bacon, ham or sausage is a great idea for any morning but it also works great for a weekend brunch or supper. These quesadillas are good just about any time. They are loaded with protein and super filling, in addition to being loaded with all the great flavors your family love.
Ways to Serve Delicious Breakfast Quesadillas
What I love about this particular recipe for quesadillas is that it is very versatile. There is a lot of room to play with a variety of flavors. Here are some various ways to serve them.
- Cheese, Cheese, and More Cheese: You can use your favorite cheese or cheeses in your quesadilla. Mix in a little mozzarella, feta, or cheddar jack cheeses if you like. If you are restricting dairy products, use a cheese substitute, or you can leave it out and still have a tasty meal.
- Spice it Up: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different spices. You might try adding some garlic or onion powder to the eggs when you scramble them. Maybe add a dash of cayenne pepper if spicy is your thing.
- Add Some Veggies: If you would like to add veggies, they can be stirred into the raw eggs after you’ve whisked them well. Try red or green bell peppers, fresh chopped jalapeno peppers, onions, mushrooms, fresh cilantro, or green onions for flavor variety.
How to Make Breakfast Quesadillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Chop your bacon, sausage, or ham and add it to the skillet. Cook the meat until it is crisp. Remove the grease.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk the eggs until they are smooth.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs over medium heat until they are cooked.
- Use some of the shredded cheese to thinly cover one side of a flour tortilla.
- Top the cheese with some of the scrambled eggs and your choice of meat.
- Add a little more shredded cheese on top of the meat, then place a second tortilla on the top.
- Carefully place the quesadilla in a pan and cook it over medium heat just until the cheese begins to melt slightly and the bottom tortilla is golden brown.
- Gently and carefully flip the quesadilla to the other side and cook for one to two minutes. Then, remove to a plate.
- Slice into quarters and enjoy with sour cream or salsa.
Can I just buy cheese that’s already grated to save time?
While in essence bagged cheese will still do the job, we prefer to use freshly grated cheese as it melts much nicer!
Can these be made up and frozen ahead of time?
These breakfast quesadillas freeze quite well. Once you have let them cool completely, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put them in the freezer for about two hours so they freeze hard. They can be transferred to a freezer bag and stored for up to three months
For more delicious breakfast options try these:
- bacon, sausage, or ham ( whatever you prefer )
- 6 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 8 large flour tortillas
- salsa and sour cream, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Chop the bacon, sausage, or ham and add to the skillet, cooking until crisp. Remove the grease.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add eggs to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, scrambling into small pieces, until desired doneness.
- Cover one flour tortilla with a thin layer of shredded cheese. Top with some of the scrambled eggs and bacon, ham, or sausage.
- Top with some more shredded cheese and place another flour tortilla on top.
- Carefully set the quesadilla into a pan over medium heat. Cook until the cheese begins to slightly melt and the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown.
- Carefully flip to the other side and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Slice and serve warm with salsa and/or sour cream.
Leave a Reply