I never used to eat breakfast. I know, I know….it’s the best meal of the day but I just never had the time to prepare things when I was working full time. I guess I enjoyed my sleep more than eating. Now that I have kids and want to make sure they are eating something in the morning to fuel their day I have a new found love for breakfast. I know pancakes may not be the healthiest thing to eat for breakfast but I think once or twice a week is fine for a little indulgence. Although, my carb loving self wouldn’t mind eating pancakes or waffles every morning. 🙂
This basic pancake recipe comes from Martha Stewart with a few extras to spice them up a bit 🙂
Easy Basic Pancake Recipes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg optional
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond milk, milk, coconut oil, and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened ( a few lumps are okay ad will actually help make the pancakes more fluffy)
- Spoon 1/4 cup or your desired amount of batter onto a heated skillet. Cook until small bubbles begin to appear about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.