As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast option filled with ripe bananas, cinnamon, and topped with syrup and sliced bananas.
BANANA BREAD BAKED OATMEAL
This baked oatmeal recipe is as simple as mixing all your ingredients in a large bowl, pouring it in a baking pan, and letting it bake to a golden perfection. This banana bread baked oatmeal is filled with banana flavor and some of our favorite baking spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and a splash of vanilla to bring it all together.
HEARTY INGREDIENTS. WHOLESOME BREAKFAST
- Old-fashioned oats
- Brown sugar, can swap for maple syrup or honey
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- Milk – you can use whatever you like – Almond, whole, 1%, etc.
- Bananas, about 2-3
- Walnuts, optional but we love the added addition of nuts
- additional ingredients
FAQ’S AND STORING
Can I Use Steel Cut Oats?
No, rolled oats or quick oats are the only types of oats that will work in this recipe.
Can I Use Almond Milk?
Yes! Any of your favorite non dairy milk will be fine here such as almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or rice milk.
REHEAT FOR ANOTHER DAY
We prefer to eat this recipe fresh but it reheats perfectly! We like to store this baked oatmeal in the refrigerator. This recipe tastes best warm so when we are ready to eat we pop it in the microwave until warmed through. This should last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
FOR MORE OATMEAL RECIPES TRY THESE:
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk, kind you prefer
- 1 cup banana, mashed roughly 2-3 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Mash the bananas well with a fork.
- Add the mashed bananas to a large bowl along with the brown sugar, egg, salt, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the milk and whisk until combined again. Finally, stir in the rolled oats and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the oat mixture into a 9x9-inch casserole dish and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until it is golden brown on top and around the edges. Serve warm.