Do you need a quick fix appetizer? How about an afternoon snack for the kiddos? You have GOT to try these mozzarella bites! They are super simple to make and takes about 20 minutes from start to finish! I used Weight Watchers mozzarella sticks so that the over all treat was a little bit healthier, but feel free to use the regular kind.
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Mozzarella Sticks amount you desire
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp of Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Seasoned or Regular Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cut your mozzarella sticks into bite sized pieces. Place into freezer until frozen.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg.
- Combine flour, garlic salt and Italian seasoning and place into a bowl.
- In a small dish add your panko bread crumbs
- Dip the frozen cheese bites into the flour mixture, shake off excess, then into the egg, then into the panko crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place sticks on the baking sheet, spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't melt.