As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Advent Calendar Pockets with Free Printable: a fun diy advent calendar the kids will enjoy every winter season! Grab the printable with 25 ideas to enjoy this holiday season! It’s such a fun way to countdown to Christmas!
Advent Calendar Printables
One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is the advent calendar countdown we do every year. We include fun things like making Christmas cookies, reading Christmas books, shopping for and donating gifts to Toys for Tots, heading to a local park to look at Christmas lights and more. Now that my kids are getting a little older they are enjoying these traditions even more. It’s so fun to share in the excitement of Christmas with them. I hope these advent calendar printables help add a little more magic to your Christmas season.
I love how Christmas draws family and friends together to focus on the truly important things in our lives. The memories we capture as a family is my favorite part and why we are keeping this tradition alive year after year! These advent calendar printables can be used in anyway you want but we love to use these simple pockets that we sewed together really quickly! Don’t know how to sew? You can use glue as well!Advent Calendar Printables and Pocket Holder Supplies
- Print these Advent Calendar Printables, SET ONE and SET TWO
- Scrapbooking Paper
- Number Stickers
- Hole Punch
How to use Advent Calendar Printables:
- Print your advent calendar printables and cut out the rectangles.
- Cut out long strips of scrapbooking fabric that is about 1/2 inch wider than your advent printables.
- Fold paper slightly less than half way. You want a little over hang to be able to put a string through.
- Using a sewing machine, sew a straight line on either side of the pocket. Don’t have a sewing machine? You can also glue the edges to create a pocket.
- Punch a hole at the top of your pocket and tie a string.
- Add your advent calendar printables and pockets to a Christmas tree and enjoy! 🙂
Now the name of the game is you match the date with the number card and do what that particular card says 🙂 I try to plan my calendar and schedule while I’m putting these together right before we start the countdown but sometimes I have to take a little sneak peak before the kids to swap a card if something comes up to prevent us from doing an activity that is outside of the home. 🙂
Some of our fun advent calendar ideas included:
- Make caramel corn
- Watch a classic Christmas movie
- Read the Christmas Story
- Make Cookies for a friend
- and some other fun activities!
Grab your free printables below!