Happy Summer friends! I am part of a super fun summer blog hop today! I teamed up with 9 other bloggers and we all shared one of our favorite summer projects with you!
I have a confession! I love anything with berries in it–I may even have a slight obsession with it. 🙂 This triple berry pie is delicious and super easy! I love making a homemade crust but you can also go simple and use store bought crust–they taste delicious too! I’m even going to show you how to get that pretty lattice look. I promise, it’s way easier than it looks!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Mix all ingredients together. Prepare bottom and top crusts. If dough is hard to roll out you may refrigerate for 15-30 minutes if needed.
- 4 cups of berries ( I like to use strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries--whatever you like)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon ( optional)
- Mix together sugar, cornstarch and ground cinnamon.
- Pour over berries and mix gently.
- Allow to set for about 1/2 an hour.
- Prepare your bottom crust and line one pan sheet with the crust.
- Fill crust with your berry mixture. Put top crust on ( you can do a normal crust or a lattice crust)
- Brush some melted butter on top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Allow your pie to cool and store in the refrigerator.
Lightly fold up every other strip and lay a strip of dough underneath.
Place your folded strips back down.
Now, fold up the opposite strips that you did last time.
Lay a piece of dough underneath the folded strips and lay back down.
Keep going back and forth until your pie is finished.
Trim your overhanging edges and seal with a fork or fingers. ENJOY!
Ombre Painted Mason Jar Silverware Caddy – One Krieger Chick