Sweetheart Peanut Butter Cookies: a delicious and sweet treat for you and your Valentine!
This post contains affiliate links.
Every Sunday afternoon we head over to my parents for Sunday dinner and just about every week my mom whips up some of our families favorite cookies. It’s a weekly treat my kids always look forward to. I recently decided to make one of our favorite peanut butter cookies with a delicious peanut butter chocolate heart surprise right in the middle. These are a spin off of a regular peanut butter blossom that uses a Hershey Kiss candy. You place the piece of chocolate candy right in the middle after the cookies come out of the oven. As the cookie cools the candy begins to melt, resulting in that irresistible gooey taste of melted peanut butter and chocolate 🙂
Once all of the ingredients are mixed together, we shape our delicious peanut butter cookie dough into balls and roll them in sugar. You can certainly skip rolling them in the sugar but….why? 🙂 I love using my medium size cookie scoop for all my cookie baking! It results in the perfect sized cookie every time! I also always bake my cookies on a Silpat or Silicone baking sheet.
I actually found these little chocolates at my local dollar store but you can find heart shaped chocolates around Valentines day almost anywhere! 🙂 These sweetheart peanut butter cookies are a perfect special treat for the loved ones in your life.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Chocolate Heart Candy or Chocolate Kisses
- additional sugar about ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter on until well mixed.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt to the peanut butter mixture.
- Add flour and baking soda.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie and carefully roll into sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes. While the cookies are still warm place a small chocolate candy in the center. Allow to cool completely.