Cake pans can be used for more than just baking cakes. This garlic and herb cake pan pizza is perfect for dinner.
Hi! It’s Karissa from Sweet as a Cookie! Pizza. It’s one of my favorite foods… ever. How can something so simple be so amazing?! I could probably eat pizza twice a week, but I would eventually get sick of it. This cake pan pizza was inspired by my cast iron pizza recipe. I realize not everyone owns a cast iron pan so I wanted to come up with a new way for others to make this pizza. While I came up with a new way to bake it I also decided to give the crust lots of flavor.
I added minced onion, garlic, and dried parsley to give the crust a nice garlic-y flavor. I’ve always been a huge fan of flavored crust. My boyfriend on the other hand took a little convincing. After trying this pizza crust recipe he will never look back.
Although the wait time for this can pan pizza is a little annoying, it’s totally worth it. Putting the whole recipe together could not be simpler. No kneading is required which is why this recipe happens to be one of my favorites.
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese
- toppings, optional
- In a medium bowl combine flour, parsley, minced onion, minced garlic, salt, and active dry yeast.
- Once combined, stir in warm water.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit on the counter for 3-4 hours.
- Lightly sprinkle dough with approximately 1 tablespoon of flour and form dough into a ball.
- Heavily grease a 9 inch* cake pan with olive oil.
- Spread the dough as much as you can to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and allow to rest for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Pre-bake your crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce, cheese, and additional toppings.
- Continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- *You could also use a 8 inch cake pan.