Hi, I’m Debbie from One Little Project, and I am so excited to be sharing this recipe for the BEST soft gingerbread cookies. I never knew I was a fan of gingerbread cookies until I made these! They have the perfect amount of spice, but they are soft, which is a nice change from your typical gingerbread cookie.
I have made these many times and they always turn out perfectly and they always disappear really quickly. (I might have eaten the entire batch last week… shhhh… don’t tell anyone!). Oh, and if you want that holiday baking smell, these cookies make the house smell delicious!
- • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 3/4 cup butter, softened
- • 1 cup white sugar
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tablespoon water
- • 1/4 cup molasses
- • 4 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape the dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. You don't need to flatten them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes approximately 30 cookies. Store in an airtight container.
IF YOU LIKE THIS COOKIE RECIPE CHECK OUT MY COOKIE CATEGORY FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!