I can almost smell it in the air! Fall is quickly approaching! As much as I love the lazy days of summer and the fresh grilling, parties and outings it brings I absolutely love fall! I love the comfort of sweaters, the warmth of hot cocoa and the delicious flavors fall brings! One of my favorite desserts involves apples and cinnamon and these apple cinnamon cupcakes are delicious! They have the typical feel of a cinnamon roll but baked in a cupcake pan! Feel free to use your own cinnamon roll recipe if you have a family favorite but this one is pretty darn good! It’s the perfect mix of cinnamon roll meets apple pie all rolled up in a cute package! Pair it with a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk and your taste buds will thank you!
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pkg instant yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-2 diced apples
- Set aside 1/2 cup of flour. Mix together remaining flour, sugar, salt and yeast together.
- In a separate microwavable bowl mix together water, milk and butter.
- Heat in microwave until it's about 120 degrees.
- Add mixture to the flour mixture. Add the egg and renaming flour until the dough pulls from the side of the bowl.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Place dough in bowl and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to form a large rectangle.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Dice your apples.
- Lightly spread the softened butter onto the dough. Sprinkle the sugar mixture and diced apples onto the dough.
- Roll the dough tightly and cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Place in a lined cupcake tray.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Once your oven reaches 200 degrees turn it off and place rolls in the warm oven.
- Allow to rise for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes. Place a piece of aluminum foil on top towards the end of baking so your tops don't brown.
This month I joined forces with my #CreativeBuzz girls to bring you some delicious and fun apple recipes and craft projects!
Don’t forget to check out those other amazing Apple Projects from #CreativeBuzz bloggers: